- One end is a counterfeit detection pen and the other end is an Ultra Violet Light
- Pen: Easy to use; simply mark a line on US currency: amber, the bill is genuine, black or dark brown, the bill is suspect
- UV Light: shine on the bill to detect security thread and paper fluorescence
- This item comes with 3 LR44 button cell batteries that are replaceable and can be found at most retail stores.
- Effective for any cash business
The counterfeit detector pen is extremely simple. It contains an iodine solution that reacts with the starch in wood-based paper to create a black stain. When the solution is applied to the fiber-based paper used in real bills, no discoloration occurs. The pen detects bills printed on normal copier paper instead of the fine papers used by the U.S. Treasury