- One end is a counterfeit detection pen and the other end is an Ultra Violet Light
- The pen is easy to use; simply mark a line on US currency: if it's amber, the bill is genuine; if black or dark brown, the bill is suspect
- Shine the UV light on the bill to detect security thread and paper fluorescence
- This item comes with (3) LR44 button cell batteries that are replaceable and can be found at most retail stores
- Effective protection for any cash business
Package of six pens
This product is not guaranteed to detect all counterfeit bills - it should be used in conjunction with other counterfeit detection methods.
The counterfeit detector pen is extremely simple. It contains an iodine solution that reacts with the starch in wood-based paper to create a black stain. When the solution is applied to the fiber-based paper used in real bills, no discoloration occurs. The pen detects bills printed on normal copier paper instead of the fine papers used by the U.S. Treasury